Detained Egyptian blogger Maikel Nabil's trial was once again successfully postponed by the military prosecution at the C28 military court on Sunday to 4 December, as the starving blogger nears his 100th day of hunger strike.
Mark Nabil, Maikel's brother, told Ahram Online that the prosecutors had been hoping to present information on Nabil's internet activity from his service provider -- TE Data -- as evidence against the blogger.
"TE Data told the prosecution that they would not be able to provide them with this information and that the military should have requested that the internet company monitor the blogger's activity prior to arrest," Mark said.
Mark said the prosecution specifically wanted records of Nabil's activity on his blog and Facebook account.
Nabil was sentenced to three years in prison by a military court in April 2011 for criticising the Army's role in the revolution in a blog post entitled "The Army and the people were never one hand."
According to Mark, the military prosecution postponed the retrial to give the prosecution sufficient time to find an expert witness specialised in telecommunications.
He added that even though Maikel's health is failing him, the young blogger is hopeful and yelled "down with military rule" as he left the military court in a police truck.
(Correction: This article originally claimed that Maikel Nabil's retrial had been removed from the auspices of the military prosecutor to that of the State Security Emergency Prosecution. It was in fact the case of Maikel Naguib, who faces charges related to the 9 October Maspero violence, which has been transferred from the auspices of the military prosecutor. Ahram Online apologises for publishing this incorrect information).