Egypt's health ministry registered nine new coronavirus cases on Saturday, raising the total number of infected cases to 294 cases nationwide.
The ministry also said there were two new fatalities, a 68-year-old woman and a 75-year-old man from the country's Giza governorate, bringing the total number of fatalities to 10.
All the new patients are Egyptian citizens who had come in contact with previously detected cases, said health ministry spokesman Khaled Megahed, adding that they have been quarantined in accordance with the regulations of the World Health Organisation.
The ministry also said that the number of recovered patients has risen to 73, including two who were recently discharged from hospital after receiving the necessary treatment, bringing the total cleared cases to 41 as of Saturday.
Egypt has been implementing increasingly strict measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus in the country.
The preventive measures have included suspending air traffic, reducing the number of public sector employees working at state institutions, and shutting schools, universities, mosques and churches.