Egypt’s top prosecutor has ordered two Egyptian presenters working for pro-Muslim Brotherhood channels to be placed on airport watch lists, judicial officials said on Saturday.
The decision of Prosecutor-General Hisham Barakat came after a report was filed against Moataz Matar, who works working for Al-Sharq channel, and Mohamed Nasser Ali who works for Masr Al-Aan channel. The order means that the two men would be subject to questioning should they try to leave or enter the country.
The two channels are allegedly broadcast from Turkey.
Earlier in February, Egypt's foreign ministry called on European countries to stop the broadcasting of channels linked to the Muslim Brotherhood. The foreign ministry said the channels are aired on France's Eutelsat.
Channels backing the Brotherhood on Eutelsat include Mekamileen, Al-Sharq and Masr Al-Aan, which are also accessible through Egypt's Nilesat.
Egypt outlawed the Brotherhood in December 2013, shortly after ousting the Islamist president Mohamed Morsi in July 2013, and has blamed the group for mounting violence.
The Brotherhood has repeatedly denied any links to militant attacks in Egypt.