Last Update 14:41
Friday, 13 December 2019

Yemeni-based Egyptians to be evacuated starting Sunday: Coalition spokesman

Ahram Online , Saturday 4 Apr 2015
Yemen
File Photo: People flee Sanaa with their belongings, fearing renewed air strikes in Sanaa April 2, 2015 (Photo: Reuters)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1355
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1355

Egyptians and other foreigners living in Yemen will be evacuated on Sunday, said the spokesman of the ten-nation Arab coalition that has launched airstrikes against Houthi rebels in the country.

"We are calling for coordinating with us to evacuate foreign citizens, and we have formed a committee for that purpose," said Saudi Brigadier General Ahmed El-Eseri on Saturday at a press conference, according to Reuters' Aswat Masryia.

At an Arab League summit last month, Arab leaders approved an Egyptian proposal and agreed in principle to form a joint military force to deal with regional security threats.

The Arab chiefs of staff held a joint meeting in the Saudi capital Riyadh on Friday to discuss the planned joint military force.

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.