Last Update 13:21
Friday, 13 December 2019

Egypt delays Rafah border opening after North Sinai attack: MENA

Reuters , Friday 24 Nov 2017
Share/Bookmark
Views: 3823
Share/Bookmark
Views: 3823

Egypt has delayed the opening of the Egypt-Gaza Rafah border crossing due to security concerns after a North Sinai attack on a mosque killed more than 200 people, MENA state news agency said on Friday, citing the Palestinian embassy in Cairo.

The border was to reopen for three days to allow travel from both sides, the agency said.

Palestinian rivals Hamas and Fatah agreed to hand over responsibility for the Rafah crossing to a unity government as part of a deal brokered by Cairo last month. 

Search Keywords:
Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.