Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi announced Cairo's rejection of all foreign interference in Libya's domestic affairs during a phone call with French President Emmanuel Macron.
According to an Egyptian Presidency statement, El-Sisi received a phone call from Macron on Sunday, where they mainly discussed the situation in Libya.
El-Sisi affirmed Egypt's support in the unity, stability, and security of Libya, and support to the efforts exerted by the Libyan National Army (LNA) in fighting terrorism and eliminating terrorist organizations which pose a threat to territorial security and the Mediterranean.
Macron affirmed the importance of resolving the Libyan crisis, which he said represents a risk towards the security of the whole region.
The French President said a solution should aim for the return of stability in Libya and allow it to retrieve its regional and international role.
Both leaders believe in the necessity of intensifying joint efforts for a Libyan solution.
The phone call comes as Libya continues to witness a tug of war over power in Tripoli through clashes starting in April between the eastern based LNA forces commanded by Khalifa Haftar and the UN recognized Government of National Accord (GNA)
Last week, UN Envoy to Libya Ghassan Salame called for a truce to be declared in the war struck country around 10 August, ahead of the Islamic Eid al-Adha celebrations.