Egypt's Prosecutor General has ordered on Thursday the release of two Turkish citizens arrested a day earlier during a raid by security forces on an office where Turkey’s state-run news agency Anadolu was illegally running its operation in Cairo.
According to a statement by prosecutor general, the two Turkish citizens were released so as to be handed over to the Turkish embassy in Cairo.
The prosecutor general has also ordered the release on bail of three other Egyptians.
The three Egyptian were released on bails of EGP 10,000.
The prosecution had interrogated the aforementioned, against the background of its investigations into the case of the Turkish news agency, said the statement.
Earlier on Wednesday, Egypt's interior ministry said the agency was working under the cover of a company named Seta that had been established by the terrorist Brotherhood group with the support of Turkey.
"The Egyptian national security sector had observed one of Turkey's electronic Media committees that took an apartment in Cairo as a hideout for its opposing activity," the ministry said.
"It was preparing false and fabricated reports on the political, economy, security, and human rights conditions in Egypt and send it back the agency's headquarters in Turkey," the ministry statement noted.