The World Health Organisation (WHO) praised in a tweet on Wednesday Egypt's professionalism in dealing with covid 19 virus infection cases.
The organisation affirmed that the cases of the two foreign nationals diagnosed with the coronavirus have been handled in a professional manner and in accordance with WHO standards.
The organisation also said that everyone the patients had come in contact with has been examined in accordance with the WHO’s preventative measures.
On Monday, Egypt announced its second confirmed coronavirus case in a Canadian employee who works for an oil company in the country. The patient has been isolated in a hospital to receive the necessary medical care.
The epidemic has killed over 3,000 people worldwide, with the vast majority in mainland China. It has infected 90,000 globally, according to the WHO.
Earlier this week, WHO representative in Egypt John Jabbour praised the Egyptian government’s transparency and swiftness in dealing with the matter, hailing its keenness to report the suspected case to the WHO.
The announcement came hours after Health Minister Hala Zayed said at a press conference at Cairo International Airport ahead of her trip to China that 1,443 people had been tested so far, with only one testing positive and later being cleared on following recovery.
In the past weeks, Egypt implemented preventative measures at all entry points nationwide following the global outbreak of the virus.