Egypt reported one new death and 36 new coronavirus cases on Tuesday, bringing the total to 402 cases nationwide, according to a statement by the health ministry.
The total death toll since the discovery of the virus in the country in February now stands at 20.
The new fatality was a 54-year-old woman in Alexandria.
All of the 36 new positive cases are Egyptians, the ministry said in its daily report on the spread of the virus.
The ministry also said that 12 fully recovered patients -- three foreigners and nine Egyptians -- were discharged from quarantine hospitals on Tuesday, bringing the total number of recovered patients to 80.
One hundred patients, including those 80, have now retested negative for the virus.
Earlier on Tuesday the Egyptian government announced a curfew from 7pm to 6am for two weeks, to start Wednesday, as part of stricter measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus.
During the curfew hours, all mass public and private transport will be suspended nationwide.
Egypt has taken several preventive measures to combat the spread of the new virus including suspending international flights, shutting down schools and universities, halting all entertainment activities and mass prayers and reducing the number of public sector employees working at state institutions.