Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood on Friday ordered its members protesting around the country to retreat from the streets by 6:30pm, a source from the Muslim Brotherhood told Al-Ahram Arabic news website.
The Brotherhood’s order came half an hour before the curfew imposed by the military-backed government following a police crackdown on their Cairo and Giza sit-ins on Wednesday, which left more than 600 people dead and thousands wounded.
The source said such orders were given to avoid confrontations with security forces after the nighttime curfew is in effect to "preserve the blood of Brotherhood youth and all those who protested against the military coup" on Friday.
Dozens have already been reported killed in violence that erupted by Friday afternoon after Morsi supporters vowed to continue protesting against the police crackdown and for Morsi's reinstatement.
However, In defiance of the curfew, protests and clashes continue to take place in Cairo’s Ramses Square between Morsi backers and security forces.
At least 90 people have been killed in Egypt during clashes between protesters and security forces, according to medical sources and eyewitnesses.
At least 54 people were killed in Cairo's Ramses Square, a doctor at a nearby field hospital told an Ahram Online correspondent.
The day's clashes began after thousands of Islamists marched in cities across Egypt on the "Friday of Rage."
The government reiterated on Friday evening in an announcement that it will deal firmly with any violation of the law or acts of “terrorism” as Morsi supporters refuse to back down.
The Egyptian army deposed Morsi on 3 July amid mass nationwide protests against him. Since then, the Brotherhood and other Islamist groups have been staging sit-ins and demonstrations calling for his reinstatement.