Presidential spokesman Yasser Ali on Monday revealed the names of President Mohamed Morsi's presidential team, including four presidential assistants and 17 presidential advisors.
According to the spokesman, the team will include six members of the Muslim Brotherhood (the group from which Morsi hails) – including two from the Brotherhood's Guidance Bureau – along with two members of the Salafist Nour Party and an Islamist-leaning former presidential candidate.
The four presidential assistants, who will be given offices in the Presidential Palace, are:
1. Samir Morcus Abdel-Meseih, responsible for the democratic transition file
2. Pakinam El-Sharkawi, responsible for political issues
3. Emad Abdel-Ghafour, responsible for 'social communication'
4. Essam Ahmed El-Hadad, responsible for foreign relations and international cooperation
Members of the president's advisory team, who will hold regular meetings with Morsi, will include:
1. Ahmed Omran
2. Omaima El-Salamoni
3. Ayman Ahmed Ali
4. Ayman Amin El-Sayad
5. Bassem Hassaneen El-Rezqa
6. Hussein Mohamed El-Qazaz
7. Khaled Alam El-Din
8. Rafiq Samuel Habib
9. Sekina Fouad
10. Seif El-Din Abdel-Fattah
11. Essam El-Erian
12. Emmad Hussein Abdullah
13. Amr El-Leithi
14. Farouq Goueida
15. Mohamed Selim El-Awa
16. Mohamed Esmat Seif El-Dawla
17. Mohei Hamed Mohamed
Additional names are expected to be revealed in coming days.
A more detailed report on Morsi's new presidential team will follow shortly