Last Update 20:43
Monday, 17 June 2019

Final results of Egypt's presidential election to be declared Tuesday: PEC

Egypt's Presidential Elections Commission to declare official presidential vote results from its Nasr City headquarters Tuesday at 7pm

Ahram Online , Monday 2 Jun 2014
Egyptian Presidential elections
Egyptian presidential elections (Photo : AP)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1774
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1774

The final and official results of the 2014 presidential elections are to be declared on Tuesday by the Presidential Elections Commission (PEC), the commission announced in an official statement on Sunday.

"The results will be announced at 7pm at the PEC headquarters in Nasr City," the statement read.

Earlier on Sunday, the PEC had announced its dismissal of the appeal filed by presidential candidate Hamdeen Sabahi, who argued the occurrence of violations during the electoral process, specifically on the additional third day of voting.

According to unofficial presidential elections results, Field Marshal Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi scored a landslide victory with nearly 97% of the valid votes while Sabahi gained the remaining 3%.

Short link:

 

Email
 
Name
 
Comment's
Title
 
Comment
Ahram Online welcomes readers' comments on all issues covered by the site, along with any criticisms and/or corrections. Readers are asked to limit their feedback to a maximum of 1000 characters (roughly 200 words). All comments/criticisms will, however, be subject to the following code
  • We will not publish comments which contain rude or abusive language, libelous statements, slander and personal attacks against any person/s.
  • We will not publish comments which contain racist remarks or any kind of racial or religious incitement against any group of people, in Egypt or outside it.
  • We welcome criticism of our reports and articles but we will not publish personal attacks, slander or fabrications directed against our reporters and contributing writers.
  • We reserve the right to correct, when at all possible, obvious errors in spelling and grammar. However, due to time and staffing constraints such corrections will not be made across the board or on a regular basis.
Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.