Power has been restored to most of areas Fayoum and Beni Suef after a transmission tower was damaged by an explosion on Monday night, an official has said.
The blast in Demo town, Fayoum, was caused by a "terrorist attack," Electricity Minister Mohamed Shaker told Al-Ahram Arabic news website.
He said electricity had been restored using other energy sources, including mobile power generators, adding that hospitals, water and sewage plants were prioritised to receive power.
The government has not provide further details on the reported attack.
On Thursday, a large fire erupted at a power plant in the north Cairo district of Shubra Al-Khaima.
However, it did not affect power in the area as it occurred in "only one steam unit and didn't spread," a source at the electricity ministry told state news agency MENA.
Egypt has been suffering an electricity crisis for years, with millions left without power at frequent intervals throughout the summer.
On 4 September, a massive power outage hit large parts of the country, grounded Cairo's underground lines and put some television stations off the air.
President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi has urged patience from the Egyptian people, saying that renovating the power sector will cost LE130 billion ($19 billion), which the government hopes to attract from private investors.
Earlier in October, a new deputy electricity minister was appointed as part of a government plan for restructuring the ministry's top management.