The British embassy in Cairo resumed “full public services” Tuesday, said the British ambassador to Egypt, John Casson, on his official Twitter account on Monday morning.
The public services office of the embassy had closed on 7 December due to security reasons.
"I am vey grateful for the close co-operation from the Egyptian Government which has made this re-opening possible," said Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond on the British Embassy in Cairo's official website.
The Canadian embassy also closed last week citing security reasons, while the Australian embassy had warned of possible terrorist attacks on embassies as it updated its travel advice to its nationals.
The Canadian embassy has yet to re-open.
Army and police in North Sinai have been the main target of terrorist acts, but attacks on security forces by militants also take place in Cairo and other governorates.
The last terrorist attack against tourists in Egypt took place in February, when unknown assailants targeted a tourist bus in the Red Sea resort town of Taba, killing three Korean tourists.