The procedures of deporting 60 Egyptian workers from Libya with no legal status are underway, spokesman of the municipal council of Libya's Misrata told Egypt's state news agency MENA on Tuesday.
Osama Badi said the Egyptians that will be deported include 14 fishermen whose ship was stopped when it entered Libyan territorial waters with no permission. They will be transferred on Wednesday to Ras Ajdir border crossing with Tunisia, then to Egypt afterwards.
Badi said the Egyptians will not be "released" but rather deported.
Earlier on Tuesday, Egyptian State TV said that 21 detained fishermen, held last Saturday by Islamist Libyan armed group Fajr Libya according to Libyan media reports, were released.
Fajr Libya, which controls several Libyan cities, issued a statement on Monday calling on Egyptian workers to leave the country within 48 hours in order to protect them “from any revenge attacks."
Egypt has already started to evacuate its nationals from Libya, while Egyptian forces conducted air strikes targeting the IS-militant group controlled city of Derna in retaliation to the abduction and beheading of 21 Christians.
Libya has been gripped by constant fighting and unrest since the toppling of longtime dictator Muammar Ghaddafi.