Last Update 22:17
Friday, 22 November 2019

Egypt to open investigations into porn star's pictures at Giza pyramids

Egypt's Ministry of Antiquities said on Friday that it will open investigations into the surfacing of pictures of an American-based porn star in front of Giza's pyramids

Ahram Online , Friday 1 May 2015
.
Tourists walk past the pyramids in Giza (Photo: Reuters)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 15157
Share/Bookmark
Views: 15157

Egypt's Ministry of Antiquities said on Friday that it will open investigations into the surfacing of "indecent pictures" of an American-based porn star in front of Giza's pyramids.

The ministry quoted the porn star Carmen De Luz's Facebook account saying that she only took pictures of herself and denied media reports that a pornographic video was shot in the area surrounding the pyramids and sphinx.

The ministry's statement added that "by thoroughly examining the pictures it is clear that there were no individuals or tour busses in the background, meaning that De Luz stayed in the area past the permitted hours".

The statement added that the tourism police should have evacuated all visitors in the area before 5 pm.

On her Twitter account, De Luz, who visited Egypt earlier this week, issued a statement in Arabic saying "I did not shoot a porno in Egypt for the sacredness of its people," and "…only went to visit because I love Egypt.”

One of the pictures shared by the actress showed her wearing a black cloak covering her body, while another picture showed her riding a camel and revealing her bottom with the pyramids in the background.

Meanwhile, De Luz re-tweeted a number of mostly sarcastic Egyptian tweets welcoming her to the country.

Amr Ahmed (@GoldenMayoo), tweeted to De Luz saying "thanks for supporting tourism in Egypt . :count me (as) one of your big fans."

While @Knight_egyptian tweeted to the actress saying, "welcome to egypt and we are not upset and a i love (you) very much keep it up you are the best."

At least two pornographic videos have been shot at the pyramids- one of them this year- by foreign visitors, prompting an outcry from Egyptian conservatives, and promises from the government that the incidents will be investigated.

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.