Two Egyptians were killed on Friday when a crane collapsed at Mecca's Grand Mosque, an Egyptian health ministry spokesman said on Saturday.
The spokespan, Hossam Abdel-Ghaffar, had told Ahram Online that 23 Egyptians had been injured in the accident in Saudi Arabia.
A previous statement by the spokesman on Saturday morning had reported 20 injuries but no definite deaths as the health ministry was waiting for confirmation of the identity of those deceased, Abdel-Ghaffar said.
At least 107 pilgrims of different nationalities were killed in the accident in Saudi Arabia, while 238 others were injured.
The crane, which was taking part in construction work to expand the mosque, is likely to have fallen over due to bad weather, according to preliminary reports.
The accident came just days before the annual hajj pilgrimage, when Muslim pilgrims gather in Mecca to perform religious rites, was set to start.
Saudi officials told media on Saturday that despite the deadly accident, the hajj season will continue as planned.