Since last year's killing of Copts until this past Sunday, 125,656 Egyptians have returned from Libya via the Salloum border crossing, Egyptian authorities said on Monday.
On 15 February last year, ISIS militants in Libya released a video showing the beheading of 20 abducted Egyptian Christians, and one Ghanaian Christian. The men had been working in Libya in the construction industry before they were kidnapped.
Since then, Cairo has issued several warnings to its citizens to avoid traveling to the war-torn country, and called on those already there to return.
A total of 352 Egyptians who were working in Libya crossed through Salloum to Egypt on Sunday, authorities said.
Egyptians and people of other nationalities have continued to attempt to cross into Libya, despite government warnings, in some cases in search of employment and in others in an attempt to migrate to Europe via boats leaving from the county's coast.
Egypt's border control on Monday stopped 74 people, including four Sudanese citizens, from illegally crossing through the desert into Libya near Salloum.
The Egyptian migrants came from the governorates of Kafr El-Sheikh, Minya, Assiut, Beheira, Fayoum, Assiut, Daqahliya, Sohag, Beni Suef, Cairo, Damietta, Gharbiya and Giza.
The International Organisation for Migration estimates that between 330,000 and 1.5 million Egyptians worked in Libya until the 2011 Libyan revolution.