Egypt's top prosecutor has said a delegation of Egyptian investigators will head to Rome on Wednesday to provide Italian officials with the latest findings of their investigation into the murder of Italian student Giulio Regeni.
Egyptian officials were initially due in Italy on Tuesday but the trip was postponed.
Earlier reports suggested it would instead take place on Thursday. But the office of Egypt's prosecutor-general said in a statement on Tuesday morning that the delegation would travel on Wednesday to "present the outcome of investigations carried out by the Egyptian general prosecution."
It added that the visit by prosecutors and police officers involved in the probe comes as part of a "positive cooperation" with Italian prosecutors and is pursuant to agreement with Italian Attorney General Giuseppe Buitoni during his visit to Egypt last month.
The PhD student, who was in Cairo conducting research on independent trade unions, went missing on 25 January. His body was found, bearing signs of torture, by a roadside on the outskirts of Cairo on 3 February.
Egypt has vigorously denied claims that security forces were involved in Regeni's murder.
Egyptian police said in March they had discovered Regeni's passport and other items following a shootout with a criminal gang whose members had been killed.
The developments had been dismissed by Italian officials who have insisted they seek the "truth" behind the student's death.