Last Update 21:31
Monday, 17 February 2020

Presidential candidates send proposals to hand power to SCAF

Seven presidential candidates announced that they had sent a request to the Supreme ‎Council of the Armed Forces outlining necessary steps to hand over power

Ahram Online, Sunday 25 Sep 2011
seven presidential candidates met last week to put a crisis manegment plan to democratic transition
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1267
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1267

Seven presidential candidates announced that they had sent a proposal to the Supreme ‎Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF) which includes suggested certain steps to hand over power to a civilian administration and complete the ‎democratic transformation of the country. ‎

They said in a statement that they are still in talks with each other and political groups as well, ‎discussing possible ways to achieve what “Egyptian people have been after”. ‎

The candidates should hold a press conference later to reveal further details.

The seven candidates are Mohamed ElBaradei, former director general of the ‎International Atomic Energy Agency; Amr Moussa, former secretary general of the Arab ‎League; Nasserist former MP Hamdeen Sabahi; Islamic candidates Hazem Abu Ismail ‎and Mohamed Selim El-Awa; ex-Muslim Brotherhood leader, Abdel Moniem Aboul ‎Fotouh and prominent reformist Judge Hisham El-Bastawisi.

On 9 September, the major presidential candidates met and a source told Ahram Online ‎that they would present a crisis management plan to SCAF.

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.