Last Update 16:54
Thursday, 09 April 2020

Attack on Occupy Cabinet protesters death toll rises to 10

The death toll from clashes that erupted Friday at the Cabinet office where protesters had been staging a sit-in rose to 10

MENA, Sunday 18 Dec 2011
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1782
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1782

The death toll of the clashes that erupted at the Cabinet Office Friday rose to 10 and the injured to 494, according to the Ministry of Health.

Khaled El-Khatib, head of the Central Administration for Emergency Response in The Ministry of Health, stated late on Saturday that 354 were injured on Friday while the other 140 were hurt the next day.

He said 373 were hospitalised while 121 were treated on-the-spot, where they sustained their respective injuries.

El-Khatib also said that 267 have checked out while 106 are still being treated in several hospitals, including Qasr El-Aini.

“The injured suffered deep and shallow wounds as well as fractures when hit by flying stones or shotgun fire,” he said. 

A multitude of videos and photos showed excessive force practiced by the military police while trying to disperse protesters at Tahrir Square and surrounding streets.

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.