Last Update 23:48
Wednesday, 30 September 2020

Terrorist attacks will not deter armed forces from carrying out duties: Egypt's defence minister

Ahram Online , Friday 20 Apr 2018
Sedki Sobhi
Egypt's defense minister Sedki Sobhi visits armed forces members injured during Sinai's terrorist attacks (Photo Courtesy of Egypt's armed forces spokesman)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2698
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2698

Egypt’s Defense Minister Sedki Sobhy said on Friday that "vile terrorist attacks" will not stop the Egyptian armed forces from carrying their duties in defending the country.

In an official statement, Egypt’s armed forces spokesman Tamer El-Refaie said Sobhy went to various armed forces hospitals to visit the "heroes who had been wounded in terrorist attacks in Sinai."

According to the statement, Sobhy expressed his appreciation for their "sacrifices to deter all those who are tempted to tamper with the country’s security."

He pointed that both the people and armed forces of Egypt are close to eliminating remaining attempts to destabilize the nation and threaten its security.

From their side, the injured members of the armed forces expressed their appreciation for the defence minister's visit, stressing their determination to return back to the field to carry out their duties in safeguarding the nation.

Friday’s visit comes as the army continues its comprehensive military campaign Operation Sinai 2018.

The campaign was launched in February “to implement the plan of comprehensive confrontation with terrorist and criminal elements and organisations in North and Central Sinai, and in other areas in the Nile Delta and desert regions west of the Nile Valley,” according to the Egyptian Armed Forces.

On Thursday, the army said it has killed the emir of the major terrorist organization in central Sinai, the latest of many successes announced by the armed forces as part of the extensive operation.

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.