Last Update 22:36
Monday, 22 July 2019

Eight people suffer minor injuries in fire at Egypt's electricity ministry

Ahram Online , Tuesday 9 Oct 2018
1
Fire broke out at Cairo's Abbaseyia electricity ministry building on Tuesday October 10, 2018 (Photo: Al-Ahram)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2611
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2611

A fire broke out at the electricity ministry in Abbasiya district in Cairo on Tuesday, injuring at least eight people, health ministry spokesman Khaled Megahed said. 

The injured, who were transported to nearby hospitals, suffered from smoke inhalation, according to Megahed.

Preliminary reports show that the fire broke out due to a short circuit, electricity ministry spokesman Ayman Hamza said. 

Eight firefighting engines put out the blaze. 

Roads around the busy district in central Cairo, where the ministry is located, were blocked for several hours. 

Short link:

 

Email
 
Name
 
Comment's
Title
 
Comment
Ahram Online welcomes readers' comments on all issues covered by the site, along with any criticisms and/or corrections. Readers are asked to limit their feedback to a maximum of 1000 characters (roughly 200 words). All comments/criticisms will, however, be subject to the following code
  • We will not publish comments which contain rude or abusive language, libelous statements, slander and personal attacks against any person/s.
  • We will not publish comments which contain racist remarks or any kind of racial or religious incitement against any group of people, in Egypt or outside it.
  • We welcome criticism of our reports and articles but we will not publish personal attacks, slander or fabrications directed against our reporters and contributing writers.
  • We reserve the right to correct, when at all possible, obvious errors in spelling and grammar. However, due to time and staffing constraints such corrections will not be made across the board or on a regular basis.
Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.