Last Update 22:39
Friday, 23 October 2020

Egypt's PM stresses no coronavirus cases detected nationwide

Madbouly made the remarks during a ministerial meeting to follow up precautionary measures taken to combat the deadly virus.

Ahram Online , Monday 24 Feb 2020
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2585
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2585

Egypt's Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly affirmed that Egypt is currently free of China originated coronavirus, days after the country's first previously confirmed tested negative for the epidemic. 

Madbouly made the remarks during a ministerial meeting to follow up precautionary measures taken to combat the deadly virus.

He added that the government deals transparently with the crisis, stressing the importance of securing medical supplies to fight the disease. 

Meanwhile, Health Minister Hala Zayed said that the suspected foreigner who was announced to be carrying the novel coronavirus has tested negative.

She added that the suspected case will remain at the hospital until the end of the 14-day quarantine.

All preventive measures have been taken to combat the virus, she added.

Last week, Egypt ended a 14-day quarantine for 302 Egyptian citizens who had returned home from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus. The health ministry said all tests conducted for them during the 14 days, the incubation period for the disease, showed they do not carry the virus.

Since the disease emerged last December, it has killed more than 2,000 people in mainland China and abroad with over 79,000 infected.
 

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.