Egypt reported on Monday 702 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of infections to 17967, the health ministry said.
The ministry also reported 19 fatalities, bringing the total number of deaths to 783.
The health ministry added that 93 patients have fully recovered and were discharged from isolation hospitals and quarantine facilities. The total number of recoveries from the highly contagious virus now stands at 4900.
The number of patients whose PCR test results have turned from positive to negative, including complete recoveries, has now reached 5481, ministry spokesman Khaled Megahed said.
The new cases were detected through the ministry's investigation and contact tracing protocols, he added.
Egypt announced last week stricter measures to be applied during the Eid El-Fitr holiday, which started on Sunday, to stem the spread of coronavirus.
A nationwide curfew begins at 5 pm, instead of the previous 9 pm, from Sunday until Friday.
Throughout the six-day period, till 29 May, all shops, malls, beaches and parks will be completely shut, and travel between governorates will be suspended.
Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly had said the new measures are meant to reduce the risk of a surge in infections as the Islamic holiday is usually a time of travel and gatherings.