Egypt reported 329 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, bringing the total infection tally to 111,613 since the outbreak of the pandemic in February.
Wednesday’s infections toll is the highest to be recorded in Egypt since 31 July.
The ministry also reported 14 new deaths, bringing the total number of deaths from the virus to 6,495.
The statement said that 133 patients have been discharged after recovering from the virus, bringing the total number of recoveries to 101,421.
The government has recently urged caution due to the recent slight increase of the daily detected coronavirus cases in Egypt.
Egypt’s Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly said during a cabinet meeting last week that the country will exercise “zero tolerance” against people who fail to adhere to preventive measures against the pandemic, urging citizens to adhere to the restrictions to avoid “unnecessary difficult scenarios”.
On Sunday, Health Minister Hala Zayed said "the infection rate is expected to, at least, double and the death toll is expected to triple in December and January if citizens ignore wearing facemasks.”