Egypt reported 1,277 new coronavirus cases on Monday, bringing the total infection tally to 143,464 since the outbreak began in February, according to a statement by the Egyptian health ministry.
The health ministry also reported 58 new deaths, bringing the total number of deaths from the virus to 7,863.
The statement said that 703 patients have been discharged after recovering from the virus, bringing the total number of recoveries to 114,601.
Since the last week of December, the country has been facing a second wave of the virus, with daily infections tolls above the 1,000-case threshold after five months of reporting low rates.
The country recorded the biggest-one day rise in almost five months on Thursday, with 1,418 cases.
However, the daily infection toll has been on a downward curve since this weekend, with 1,409 infections recorded on Friday, 1,407 on Saturday, and 1,309 on Sunday.
Starting Wednesday, non-hospitalised coronavirus patients across the country will be monitored at home even if they are not among the cases registered by the Egyptian health ministry's system, Health Minister Hala Zayed told a briefing earlier today.
Zayed said the initiative aims to guarantee that if any of the home-isolating cases deteriorate, they do not reach hospitals in critical condition.