Last Update 23:1
Monday, 09 December 2019

Port Said massacre trial adjourned to Sunday

Port Said Appeals Court adjourns case to Sunday to consider case files

Ahram Online, Saturday 12 May 2012
Share/Bookmark
Views: 425
Share/Bookmark
Views: 425

Port Said Appeals Court has adjourned the Port Said massacre trial to Sunday in order to review the files of the case, listen to witnesses and consider psychological reports.

During Wednesday's session, Egypt’s chief coroner, Kamil Ihsan Georgi, gave testimony stating that none of the 73 slain victims had suffered surface wounds on their bodies that would indicate bodily assault, suggesting that all of the deaths and injuries had been the result of a stampede, which led to suffocation.

The Port Said Stadium tragedy took place 1 February following a football match between rival teams Masry and Ahly. According to official reports, 73 people were killed in ensuing violence and hundreds were injured.

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.