A fire that broke out on the fifth floor of the Press Syndicate in downtown Cairo was put out shortly after it erupted at around 7pm on Tuesday.
The fire broke out shortly after a press conference by the Cairo-based El-Nadeem Center for the Rehabilitation of Torture Victims. The conference was discontinued and the building was evacuated before firefighters put out the flames.
The fire was reportedly attributed to a garbage heap catching fire.
A security guard suffered from smoke inhalation but was treated inside an ambulance. No other injuries were reported from the scene.