Egypt's Rafah border crossing with Gaza was re-opened on Wednesday after Egyptian guards ended their five-day strike.
The guards had been protesting the kidnapping of members of the security forces.
Earlier on Wednesday, an armed forces spokesperson announced the seven kidnapped soldiers had been released and were on their way to Cairo, “thanks to the efforts of military intelligence in cooperation with tribal sheikhs and residents of the Sinai Peninsula.”
"This is all we wanted. We have ended our strike and re-opened the border," one of the striking officers told Al-Ahram Arabic news website.
Security personnel at the Rafah border crossing told Al-Ahram that Palestinians would be able to cross the border shortly.
On Tuesday, Hamas’ deputy minister of foreign affairs said around 7,000 Palestinian were stranded on both sides of the border as a result of the closure.
The Rafah border is crucial for Palestinians who use the crossing on a daily basis to conduct business, purchase foods or travel for medical reasons.