Last Update 12:52
Monday, 25 January 2021

Central Bank fire result of an electric malfunction

Initial investigations reveal that the fire that broke out yesterday in the Central Bank is likely to be a result of an electric malfunction

Ahram Online , Sunday 27 Mar 2011
Views: 1423
Views: 1423

A fire that overwhelmed the Central Bank building yesterday is a result of an electric malfunction, and was not deliberately started, according to the Qasr El-Nil prosecution.

According to initial investigations, the fire started as a result of an electric malfunction in the building's air-conditioning system. The prosecution has also revealed that while the fire damaged some of the air conditioners and furniture, no documents were affected. There were no injuries or deaths as a result of the fire.

The fire had erupted yesterday at noon in the bank’s old headquarters on Qasr El-Aini street in downtown Cairo.

Search Keywords:
Short link:



© 2010 Ahram Online.