A female giraffe at the Giza Zoo ago choked herself to death on Wednesday afternoon.
According to the zoo's official Facebook page, the giraffe suffocated after accidentally wrapping a food wire around its neck.
Vets at the zoo tried their best to perform CPR on the giraffe, but it was already too late and the animal died.
The giraffe had originally been brought to the zoo along with two others in July 2012. It marked the first time in five years that the zoo had any giraffes.
Originally created by Khedive Ismail in 1891, the Giza Zoo is the oldest and largest in Africa.