Prime Minister Hazem El-Beblawi said on Wednesday he does not expect more than three vacant seats in cabinet in the coming period.
“There is a need for a limited ministerial reshuffle in the cabinet that won't be big,” El-Beblawi said at a press conference in Saudi Arabia.
"If Field Marshal El-Sisi decides to run in the upcoming presidential elections then there will be three vacant ministerial positions,” El-Beblawi said.
Last Thursday, El-Beblawi accepted the resignation of Ziad Bahaa El-Din from the post of minister of international cooperation and in December 2013 the minister of military production, General Reda Hafiz, passed away.
Last week, the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces supported El-Sisi to run in presidential elections if he wanted. Many speculate that he will resign as minister of defence and run for the president in upcoming weeks.
"The current government is founded for the current transitional period; the remaining time for this government does not demand new ministers in upcoming phase,” El-Beblawi said in the press conference.
El-Beblawi is currently on a visit to the Saudi Arabia that started on Tuesday. The visit focused on the future of bilateral relations between the two countries, especially economic relations.
Al-Ahram Arabic reported in January that Saudi Arabia plans to send Egypt up to $4 billion of additional support in the form of bank deposits and petroleum products.