Last Update 17:20
Saturday, 28 March 2020

IS claims deadly blasts in Yemen capital

AFP , Wednesday 17 Jun 2015
Yemen
An armed man looks at the wreckage of a car at the site of a car bomb attack, one out of four car bombs, in Yemen's capital Sanaa June 17, 2015. (Photo: Reuters)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 965
Share/Bookmark
Views: 965

The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for multiple bombings that targeted mosques and offices of Shia Houthis rebels in the Yemeni capital Wednesday, killing at least 31 people.

In a statement posted online, IS said four car bombs targeted two worship places, the rebels' politburo headquarters and the house of a rebel leader.

Security sources and witnesses said earlier that five blasts, including three car bombs, hit four Shia mosques and the house of a rebel official.

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.