More than ten thousand Palestinians marched in a funeral procession on Saturday afternoon for Saad Dawabsha, the father of a toddler who was burned alive in an arson attack by Israeli settlers on 31 July, Maan Palestinian news agency reported.
The mass march to bury 32-year-old Dawabsha, who was also injured in the attack on his home, took place in his village of Duma near the city of Nablus in the occupied West Bank. Mourners, who carried Palestinian flags, chanted for retribution from Israeli settlers.
"With our souls and blood we shall redeem you, martyr," mourners chanted as they carried Dawabsha's coffin.
Dawabsha died on Saturday morning at a hospital in the southern Israeli city of Beersheba, where he was receiving treatment for third degree burns, Palestinian official Ghassan Daghlas said.
Earlier in the day, Hamas spokesman Hossam Badran said that resistance against the occupation in the West Bank is now a right and a duty following the death of the Dawabshas.
"Nothing will stop these murderous settler attacks and... we cannot wait until they come into our villages and our homes," Badran wrote on Facebook from his base in Qatar.
"Our people in the West Bank have only one choice: that of open and comprehensive confrontation against the occupation."
Palestinian toddler Ali Dawabsha was killed in a firebombing by Israeli settlers last week.
The killing of 18-month-old Ali Dawabsha generated internaitonal condemnation.