The Saudi-led coalition fighting in support of Yemen's internationally recognised government denied carrying out air strikes on a funeral in Sanaa which rebels said killed more than 100 people on Saturday.
The coalition said in a statement that it had no operations at the location and "other causes" for the incident must be considered.
It said the alliance "has in the past avoided such gatherings and (they) have never been a subject of targeting."
The Iran-backed Houthis swept into Sanaa in September 2014 and advanced across much of Yemen, forcing the internationally recognised government of President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi to flee the capital.
More than 6,700 people -- most of them civilians -- have been killed in Yemen since the coalition intervened in support of Hadi in March last year, according to the United Nations.