A total of three British nationals are confirmed dead in the Algerian hostage crisis and a further three, plus a British resident, are believed to be dead, Prime Minister David Cameron said on Sunday.
"I spoke to the Algerian prime minister yesterday and it is now clear that this appalling terrorist incident in Algeria is now over," he said in a statement.
"Tragically, we now know that three British nationals have been killed, and a further three are believed to be dead. And also a further British resident is also believed to be dead.
"I know the whole country will want to join me in sending our sympathies and condolences to the families who have undergone an absolutely dreadful ordeal, and now face life without these very precious loved ones."
Foreign Secretary William Hague said late Saturday that five of the Britons and a British resident were either "deceased or unaccounted for", in addition to the Briton killed at the start of the hostage crisis on Wednesday.
Their identities have not yet been revealed, but Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos said on Saturday that a Colombian man who lived in London with his family had been killed. He was named as BP employee Carlos Estrada.