Three people were wounded Tuesday in a cross-border rocket attack launched from Syria that targeted a Hezbollah-dominated area of eastern Lebanon, the Lebanese army said.
"Three rockets from Syria fell in and around the Nabi Sheet village" in the eastern Bekaa Valley, an army statement said, adding that the three people were wounded when one of the projectiles slammed into a house, causing damage.
A security source had earlier told AFP that five rockets fell in the area, wounding two people.
Jihadist groups frequently claim responsibility for cross-border rocket attacks on eastern Lebanon, which they say are in revenge for the Shiite Hezbollah's decision to fight alongside Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's troops against a Sunni-led rebellion.
Hezbollah bastions in eastern Lebanon and southern Beirut have also in recent months been the target of a string of bomb attacks, mostly suicide blasts, killing dozens of people.
Lebanon's President Michel Sleiman condemned the latest attack, calling on the army to "take all the necessary steps to defend frontier villages and to defend the... innocent residents, who are paying with their lives and wealth for these conflicts".
Dominated militarily and politically by Damascus until 2005, Lebanon is sharply divided over the revolt in Syria.
Hezbollah and its allies back President Bashar al-Assad's regime, while the Sunni-led opposition supports the revolt.