A woman from Belgium was among those killed in the attack on a museum in Tunis, a foreign ministry official said Thursday, hours after the victim was reported as missing.
"Embassy staff was able to check the list of those killed in the attacks and one of the victims is Belgian," said foreign ministry spokesman Joren Vandeweyer.
Foreign Minister Didier Reynders told Belga news agency that the woman's husband, who was injured in the attack, identified his wife among the victims Thursday after undergoing a knee operation.
According to broadcaster RTL, the 61-year-old was from Antwerp and the mother of two daughters.
The couple had been unaccounted for on the Costa Fascinosa cruise ship, which had dropped anchor in Tunis at the time of the attack with more than 3,100 passengers on board.
Italian cruise company Costa Crociere on Thursday suspended stopovers by its boats in Tunis until further notice following the deadly attack.
Two executives from the Italian cruise company Costa Crociere and 12 other Costa employees are in Tunis attempting to track down the missing passengers.
A company spokesman said thirteen passengers are unaccounted for following the attack in which at least 20 foreign tourists and two Tunisians died.