Last Update 20:46
Monday, 20 January 2020

Tunisia minister loses post after deadly bus bombing

AFP , Tuesday 1 Dec 2015
Share/Bookmark
Views: 825
Share/Bookmark
Views: 825

Tunisia's minister of state for national security was relieved of his duties Tuesday, the prime minister's office said, a week after a deadly bombing claimed by the Islamic State group.

The office of Prime Minister Habib Essid gave no reason for removing Rafik Chelly from his post but said in a terse statement that he would be "invited to assume other duties".

The decision comes after the suicide bombing that killed 12 presidential guards on a bus in downtown Tunis on November 24, which was claimed by ISIS.

The militant group had also claimed two attacks earlier this year at the National Bardo Museum and on a hotel near the Mediterranean resort of Sousse that killed 60 people, all but one of them foreign tourists.

Chelly had said after the Tunis bombing that all of the attacks were planned in Libya.

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.