Last Update 10:33
Sunday, 20 October 2019

Attacks on health facilities in Syria on the rise: WHO

Reuters , Friday 9 Mar 2018
Syrian hospital
Destruction is seen around the Udai hospital following airstrikes by government forces on the town of Saraqeb in Syria's northwestern province of Idlib on Monday 28 January, 2018 (Photo: AFP)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2187
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2187

Some 67 attacks on health facilities and workers in Syria have been verified in the first two months of 2018, equal to half of all those throughout last year, the World Health Organisation (WHO) said on Friday, denouncing them as "unacceptable".

In February, 39 verified attacks on health facilities, ambulances and warehouses included 28 in the rebel-held besieged enclave of eastern Ghouta, 10 in Idlib and one in Homs, WHO spokesman Christian Lindmeier told a Geneva news briefing.

He could not say whether most were due to air strikes or shelling.

Short link:

 

Email
 
Name
 
Comment's
Title
 
Comment
Ahram Online welcomes readers' comments on all issues covered by the site, along with any criticisms and/or corrections. Readers are asked to limit their feedback to a maximum of 1000 characters (roughly 200 words). All comments/criticisms will, however, be subject to the following code
  • We will not publish comments which contain rude or abusive language, libelous statements, slander and personal attacks against any person/s.
  • We will not publish comments which contain racist remarks or any kind of racial or religious incitement against any group of people, in Egypt or outside it.
  • We welcome criticism of our reports and articles but we will not publish personal attacks, slander or fabrications directed against our reporters and contributing writers.
  • We reserve the right to correct, when at all possible, obvious errors in spelling and grammar. However, due to time and staffing constraints such corrections will not be made across the board or on a regular basis.
Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.