Last Update 17:55
Monday, 19 October 2020

Pompeo says no evidence Saudi prince ordered Khashoggi killing

Reuters , Wednesday 28 Nov 2018
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2856
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2856

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Wednesday there was no direct evidence connecting Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi last month in Istanbul.

Pompeo spoke to reporters after he and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis told the Senate behind closed doors that weakening U.S.-Saudi ties over the killing would hurt national security.

"There is no direct reporting connecting the crown prince to the order to murder Jamal Khashoggi," Pompeo said.

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.