Last Update 21:59
Monday, 21 October 2019

France says have sent seven experts to investigate Saudi attacks

Reuters , Thursday 19 Sep 2019
Jean-Yves Le Drian
French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian speaks during a news conference with Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry (not pictured) in Cairo, Egypt September 17, 2019 (Photo: Reuters)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 840
Share/Bookmark
Views: 840

France has sent seven military experts to investigate this weekend's attacks on Saudi oil facilities, including specialists in explosives, missile trajectory and ground-to-air defense systems, a defense ministry spokeswoman said on Thursday.

Earlier in the day, French foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian mentioned the despatch of the experts. He also said a claim from Yemen's Houthi rebels they were responsible for the attack on the Saudi oil facilities was "not very credible".

Short link:

 

Email
 
Name
 
Comment's
Title
 
Comment
Ahram Online welcomes readers' comments on all issues covered by the site, along with any criticisms and/or corrections. Readers are asked to limit their feedback to a maximum of 1000 characters (roughly 200 words). All comments/criticisms will, however, be subject to the following code
  • We will not publish comments which contain rude or abusive language, libelous statements, slander and personal attacks against any person/s.
  • We will not publish comments which contain racist remarks or any kind of racial or religious incitement against any group of people, in Egypt or outside it.
  • We welcome criticism of our reports and articles but we will not publish personal attacks, slander or fabrications directed against our reporters and contributing writers.
  • We reserve the right to correct, when at all possible, obvious errors in spelling and grammar. However, due to time and staffing constraints such corrections will not be made across the board or on a regular basis.
Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.