Last Update 14:9
Saturday, 28 March 2020

US sends home 21 Saudis after army base shooting probe

AFP , Monday 13 Jan 2020
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1113
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1113

The United States will send 21 Saudi military trainees back to the Gulf kingdom after an investigation into the fatal shooting of three American sailors last month, the Justice Department announced Monday.

The 21, who the investigation found possessed jihadist material and child pornography, have been expelled from their air force training at a Florida military base, said Attorney General Bill Barr.

"The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia determined that this material demonstrated conduct unbecoming an officer in the Saudi Royal Air Force and Royal Navy and the 21 cadets have been dis-enrolled from their training curriculum in the US military and will be returning to Saudi Arabia later today," Barr said.

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.