Last Update 15:19
Friday, 17 January 2020

US Defense Secretary: Air strike on Afghan hospital under investigation

Reuters , Saturday 3 Oct 2015
Carter
US Defense Secretary Ash Carter. (Photo: Reuters)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 965
Share/Bookmark
Views: 965

US Defense Secretary Ash Carter said the United States still was trying to determine how an airstrike hit a hospital run by Medecins Sans Frontieres in the Afghan city of Kunduz on Saturday.

"A full investigation into the tragic incident is under way in coordination with the Afghan government," Carter said in a statement.

He said the area around the hospital had been the scene of intense fighting in recent days with US forces supporting Afghan Security Forces against Taliban fighters.

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.