Last Update 14:15
Thursday, 28 January 2021

British police say suspicious package in Manchester deemed safe, cordon removed

Reuters , Thursday 25 May 2017
Manchester
People attend a one minute silence to the victims of Monday's explosion at St Ann's Square in Manchester, England Thursday May 25 2017. More than 20 people were killed in an explosion following a Ariana Grande concert at the Manchester Arena late Monday evening. (AP)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1765
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1765

A reported suspicious package in Manchester which British army bomb disposal experts investigated has been deemed safe, police said Thursday, adding that a cordon had been removed.

"There was a cordon in Hulme, not Trafford as previously suggested, relating to a possible suspicious package," the Greater Manchester Police said in a statement.

"This has now been deemed safe and the cordon has been removed."

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.