Last Update 14:46
Monday, 09 December 2019

Suspect planned NY attack 'for a number of weeks': Police

AFP , Wednesday 1 Nov 2017
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2320
Share/Bookmark
Views: 2320

New York terror suspect Sayfullo Saipov had been planning for weeks the truck attack in Lower Manhattan that left eight people dead, police said Wednesday.

"Based on the investigation overnight, it appears that Mr Saipov had been planning this for a number of weeks," John Miller, deputy commissioner of the New York Police Department told a news conference.

"He did this in the name of ISIS," he added.

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.