Last Update 23:27
Tuesday, 20 October 2020

Egypt's landline provider ready to launch mobile services

State-owned Telecom Egypt firm to offer mobile services on government approval

Ahram Online, Monday 4 Feb 2013
Egypt Telecon
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1451
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1451

State-owned Telecom Egypt will be ready to offer mobile services six weeks after it receives the network license, executive director Mohamed Nawas told state-run news agency MENA.

Telecom Egypt expects to receive the network license soon, and it is ready to offer the public four different communication bundles, Nawas explained.

The license is pending the government's approval of the different tariff plans that are currently being offered by Telecom Egypt.

Egypt has three mobile operators: Vodafone Egypt, Mobinil, which is controlled by France Telecom, and Dubai-based Etisalat.

Telecom Egypt is 80 per cent owned by the Egyptian state, with the remaining 20 per cent floated on the stock market.

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.