How about something different next Tuesday?
Ahram Online recommends a variety of cultural events fit for an unforgettable closure of the year.
Come together to The Beatles Tribute Nights
You can have a night where you can twist and shout at The Beatles tribute night made by band Glass Onion.
The Egyptian fab four will come together at El-Gomhouria theatre at 8pm, performing a selection of many memorised tunes from the early days of Love Me Do to the psychedelic era of Strawberry Fields Forever and the swansong of Let It Be.
Glass Onion was founded in 2010 by four independent musicians and singers; guitarists Kareem Ghalid and Hany Mustafa, bassist Amir Shawky and drummer Magued Nagati.
Share tears with King Lear
Because "When the mind's free, the body's delicate," you can also share King Lear's tears at the Cairo Show Theatre in Cairo Festival City.
The Egyptian Arabic adaptation of William Shakespeare's King Lear, starring renowned actor Yehia El-Fakharany and a host of stars, could be an idea for an outing on New Year's Eve.
Directed by Tamer Karam, the play stars Heba Magdi, Rania Farid Shawki, Riham Abdel-Ghafour, Nidal El-Shafie, Ahmed Fouad Selim, and Mohamed Fahim.
Take Life As It Is with Mounir
You may spin with the universe joining Egyptian pop star Mohamed Mounir in Triumph Kattameya Hotel, enjoying his groovy rhythms with lots of his "yeah yeah yeah" inserts to his unforgettable melodies.
The 65-year-old star, fondly dubbed the King, who was the main honoree at the 28th Arab Music Festival, is expected to sing songs from his latest album Watan ("Home") besides some of his timeless hits like Rabbak Lamma Yerid ("When God Wills"), Ya Ahl El-Arab Wel-Tarab ("O' People of Arab and Singing"), Fi Ishk El-Banat ("For the Love of Girls"), Alli Soutek (Sing Out Loud) and Shababeek (Windows), ending his repertoire with Ashky L-Mein (To Whom Should I Complain).
- Enjoy the Cairo Symphony Orchestra 'New Year's Concert' at the Cairo Opera House's Main Hall at 8pm.
- Join nostalgic 'Ya Leila' night at Cairo Jazz Club 610 where Egyptian pop star Hisham Abbas will be featured.
- Listen to Wael Gassar, Mahmoud El-Laithy, Ramy Sabry and Nagwan along with belly dancer Sofinar at the InterContinental Cairo Semiramis.
- Listen to Ramy Ayaash, Nicole Saba, Mostafa Shawky, Linda the belly dancer, and Mostafa Haggag at Kempinski Nile Hotel.
- Enjoy the fusion of electronic and Egyptian folk music of the Egyptian Project at Stage Zamalek.
- With almost all hotels preparing programmes that will mainly include belly dancers accompanied by Shaabi singers, find where your preferred pop stars are performing.
- Explore one of the new Egyptian films released recently; like Tamer Hosni's thriller El-Felos ("Money"), horror movie Beit Sit (House of Sit), romantic comedy Estedaa Wale Amr or earlier releases added to a long list of Hollywood movies out in theatres.
Wherever you're going to spend the last night of 2019, Ahram Online wishes you, your family and friends a Happy New Year.