Ahly said on Tuesday they would not make any changes to their backroom staff until after their final group-stage campaign at the African Champions League later this month amid speculation regarding the fate of Dutch boss Martin Jol.
The Cairo giants slumped to a 1-3 defeat by arch rivals Zamalek in the Egypt Cup final earlier this month before their hopes to reach the Champions League semis were crushed after a disappointing 2-2 draw at home to Zambian side ZESCO.
A series of recent poor results incurred the wrath of Ahly's demanding fans, many of whom demanded that the board of directors sack Jol, who took over at the club last February and led them to their ninth Egyptian Premier League title in 10 seasons.
However, the club are still undecided over Jol's future. They said they would wait until Ahly play a meaningless Champions League game against Ivory Coast's ASEC Mimosas on 24 August.
"The club preferred to wait before deciding the fate of the team's technical staff," read a statement on the Ahly's official website on Tuesday.
"We will reveal our decision after the ASEC clash on 24 August."
Ahly also said they are aware of the rising anger among the supporters, stressing that they need time to take the right decision.
"The club management respects the fans but there should be no rush in our decisions, which will not be taken under pressure," the statement added.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)